Friday, February 20, 2009

BLISSINGS from JANE SMITH, SPIRITUAL MISTRESS





Hi. My name is Jane Smith. Once I was pretty much like most people. I was PA to the CEO of a company called IOU Solutions - a financial concern registered in the Cayman Islands. I "drove" a 1974 Suburu and once bought "Ironic". I lived in an apartment off the wrong end of the runway at the airport. My place was tiny, yet somehow still could get pretty untidy. Maybe that was why I never had any friends. I didn't have a boyfriend, but at weekends would go out to bars and haul back a man with all the personality of a clubbed seal.

In other words, I was in a mess and going nowhere.

So I did what any sensible girl would - I went somewhere. I maxed my credit card and flew to India to see if I could find out if I could find out what was missing from my existence.

There I met a great holy man and teacher called Kea, and learned about his philosophy of domestic interior design, shelving and storage, which literally saved my life. Kea believes that if we  properly organise our outer worlds, where we live, our inner spiritual worlds will take care of themselves. Or as he put it in his famous book and CD set "I, Kea" - 'Out is Good, then In is Good'. A pretty practical world-view for a guru, I think you'll agree.

On this blog I'll be telling you more about Kea and my adventures with him and his teachings, and soon you'll be able to read about it in my own picture book, called "Finding The Shelf Within".

Until then, my Blissings upon you all.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Blissed Jane,

    As a once devote disciple of Guru Larry Buttrose (well, you can imagine how that messed me up) I too adopted the teachings of the Divine Kea (Blissed be his trolley). Unfortunately when I purchased the Total Enlightenment Package I ran into a problem. I unpacked all the numbered pieces, located the spiritual screwdriver and prepared to put my package together (following the divine instructions) Unfortunately the small thingumy (part 234b) fell through a hole in my aura and is nowhere to be seen. It seemed inconsequential, but now my enlightenment is playing up. Shouldn't the third eye be in my head? And the big shelf of delusions keeps dripping psychic sump oil on my little drawer of realisations. I would appreciate your speedy advice as my horde of bliss fairies is miocking me because of the lack of chi in my lower chakra.

    Bliss be.

    Ibn Warraq ~ Purveyor of Low Fat Chocolate to the Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me a color blind cynic and a clutter brained skeptic, but as I look over at my overflowing trash bin and uncarpeted floor, I almost can't believe this living goddess will really lead this lost linoleum soul down the path of accent colors and easy-to-install roman blinds to 100 watt enlightenment.

    I come to Kea's temple and wander through a maze of useless Vietnamese bowls and Swedish duvet sets and cry out for Mistress Jane's guidance!

    Show me the way of low maintenence veneers! Mold me like plastic resin lampshades! Give me instructions without text! Whisper to me your mantras of memorable words from a mysterious invented language festooned with diacritics and umlauts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blissings, Swimmer of Seraya...

    I am humbled by your domestic plight and feel a deep inner need to be of help.

    It was meant to be, you have come to this path for a reason.

    Never be self-admonishing about any felt self lack.

    You write so beautifully... simply turn these cadences and creative discipline to your home.

    And most of all, you need my book, it has many pictures to assist you. Remember, we can all learn the truth about 'Finding the Shelf Within'.

    A quiz competition will be run shortly through a site dedicated to my followers on Facebook. My book is the prize. I wish you well.

    Here is the link:

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=58938716734

    Blissings,
    Jane

    Have you also seen the Oprah interview with me? That may further soothe your concerns.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/larrybuttrose

    ReplyDelete